Help Us To Help You
Our aim is to offer our patients a fast, efficient and friendly service. However, to enable us to do this we require some help from yourselves.
- Please do not request a home visit unless you are housebound or genuinely too ill to attend the surgery.
- If you have several problems you wish to discuss with the doctor, please ask for a longer appointment. Hurried consultations are unsatisfactory for both doctor and patient alike. Routine appointments are for 10 minutes and so we would ask you to keep this in mind when making your appointment.
- Out-of-hours service is reserved for emergencies and urgent problems which cannot wait until the following day to be seen. Please do not abuse this service; it is not an alternative to routine/ book on the day/ appointments and often there will be only one Doctor on duty covering the whole of the Island.
- If you are unable to attend an appointment please cancel as early as possible as this frees the appointment for someone else. At present, around 120 patients a month do not attend for their appointment. This amounts to approximately 5% of our total appointments.
- We always welcome suggestions on how we can improve patient care and the services we offer. If you have any suggestions please let us know by putting your ideas in writing to the practice manager.